Hi everyone! I’m so happy to announce that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Belle Vie recently, so today I’m interrupting your regularly scheduled programming with the blog to bring you my answers to the questions she asks! Seriously, thanks so much to Belle Vie for nominating me, this is so fun! For anyone who doesn’t know what the Liebster Award is, you basically get nominated to answer 11 questions about you and your blog, and then you go on to nominate 11 of your favorite up-and-coming bloggers to answer 11 questions that you propose.
1) Introduce yourself, how old are you, what do you do and why did you choose to start blogging?
Sup. I’m Shannon! I’m in my early twenties and I recently graduated from university with a degree in psychology. Currently unemployed, but actively working to remedy that.
I started blogging because I’d always wanted to. Ever since I was young, I dreamed about having a site of my own and always having an excuse to write. I had a few failed startups over the years that tanked either because I wasn’t passionate enough about the theme I had chosen, or I simply didn’t have the time to keep it up. Now that I graduated college, not only do I have the time to post regularly, I also discovered through my major, psychology, that the topics of mental health, wellbeing, productivity- basically anything that allows you to live your best life- were the things that make me write endlessly. Majoring in psych gave me the knowledge to create content for a blog like this, so as soon as I graduated I felt ready to take this project on.
2) How long have you been blogging for, and do you enjoy it as much as when you began?
I’m a baby blogger! My first post was released on June 21st of this year. I believe I’m still in the honeymoon phase of blogging so I don’t think enough time has passed to not enjoy it.
3) If you could make blogging your career would you? If not, what would you like to do?
Ooh, tough question. Maybe later in life, but for now I’ve got my sights set on getting into the mental health field.
4) What is your favorite thing to blog about?
My main topic is how to life your best life, and so far I’m not bored. (;
5) What are your favorite 5 bloggers?
In no particular order:
- Boho Berry – someone I’ve looked up to over the years because of her transparency with her journey becoming a successful content creator. It’s people like her who help people like me realize that my blogging dreams are perfectly attainable.
- Nerd Fitness – NF is more than just a blog; it’s a way of life and a community. Their site has great info on strengthening your physical and mental health by “gamifying” your life, which is something I do often and will likely be writing about on this blog later on.
- Hyperbole and a Half – Too freakin’ hilarious. She hasn’t posted in years but a girl can hope that she’ll one day come back to it.
- Lifehacker – I just love all the topics they cover and that it all ties into one main theme: hacking your life. Their content is great.
- Lavendaire – She is such an inspiration. Her content is beautiful, meaningful, and creative.
6) Is there anything you wish you could change about how you blog?
My only thing is that I’d love to get further involved with the community and I’d LOVE to collaborate with people more. That’s something I’ll be actively seeking out in the future.
7) Is there anything you want to improve your following on, and is there a way you can do this?
I’d love to get more engagement on Instagram. I just find that the platform is far less conducive to community than Twitter. As for improvement, I think creating messaging groups related to a topic and Instapods are where it’s at.
8) Have you ever been to a blogger event/meet-up, would you like to go to one?
I have not and I would! I live near a big city, so it likely wouldn’t be hard for me to find one.
9) If you could live in any country and speak any language where would it be?
These are two separate things to me! I’d love to learn gaelic; my family tree on my mother’s side is Irish and Scottish, and on my father’s side they were possibly vikings. I just think it’d be cool to know the languages they may have spoken way back when. As for a country, I quite enjoy living in the US (only the PNW though. No way could this girl thrive in the midwest or the south.) but I’m not a fan of its current politics. Would happily escape to Denmark to wait this presidency out and maybe stay beyond that.
10) How do you get blog post ideas/inspo?
Too many ways to count. I’ll get ideas from something someone tells me. A poem. A quote from a book. A piece of art. A tree. A squirrel. A tweet. Literally anything.
11) Do you use any app that keeps you organized/help with blogging in general?
I use Hootsuite, Crowdfire, Yoast SEO, and Analytics. Hootsuite lets me schedule things, Crowdfire helps with networking, Yoast SEO shows me how I can improve my content, and Analytics lets me know how I’m doing.
Yay all done! Okay, time to nominate. Here are my nominations (also I nominated 12 people because I make the rules here hehehe)…
1) Callyn – Needles & Noise – Twitter: @NeedlesAndNoise
2) Janine and Madison – FindTheBeautyy – Twitter: @FindTheBeautyy
3) Michele – Let Me Cross Over – Twitter: @LetMeCrossOver
4) Lost Nation – Twitter: @L_O_S_Tnation
5) Faye – Faye Jessica – Twitter: @FayeJessicaFN
6) Izzy – Let’s Chat With Izzy – Twitter: @izzychatss
7) Sophie – Trafotoz – Twitter: @Sophieb_14
8) Julia – Glass of Class – Twitter: @TheGlassOfClass
9) Chloe – Too Much Too Young – Twitter: @2MuchTooYoung
10) Dominique – Passion Teas and Peonies – Twitter: @MsDominiqueAnn
11) It’s Fine – Twitter: @ItsFineTheBlog
12) Jewls – JewlsCandice – Twitter: @JewiiR
So, nominees, here are my Liebster Award questions for you…
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What are your hobbies?
3) What makes you happy?
4) What are your goals, both with the blog and in your own life?
5) What are things you’ve done that you feel have increased your blog traffic?
6) What does your daily routine look like?
7) How do you stay on top of managing your blog, writing for it, and promoting it?
8) Who are your top 5 favorite bloggers to read?
9) What helps you wind down after a long day?
10) Do you enjoy blogging as much as when you started? How do you stay motivated with it?
11) Where do you get your inspiration for blogging?
Have fun, and thanks again to Belle Vie for the Liebster Award nomination,