Happy last Sunday of October! This is one of my favorite months out of the year honestly and I’m so grateful (see what I did there) for this last month; I think October marks the beginning of the “holiday months-” we have Halloween at the end of this month, Thanksgiving next month, and Christmas and Hanukkah in December. Plus October’s my birth month, so it’s been a party every day obvi. Aaaanywhooo….
In my life I’ve found it incredibly beneficial to make sure I’m regularly remembering the things that make life great. Every evening, I sit down with my journal and make sure I write down ten things I am grateful for. It’s a practice I’ve adopted daily to keep myself humble, grounded, and constantly looking for the positives. If you’ve found that you’ve felt a little down or lost lately, I highly recommend taking on this practice yourself as well. To give you some inspiration to start it off if you choose to do it, I’ve made a list of standard stuff to be grateful for on a day-to-day basis! Here goes:
1) The family and friends that love and support me
2) The education that I’ve had so far
3) The sun’s warmth shining on me so I can soak up that vitamin D (but in case you’re a pacific northwesterner like me you may also be grateful for vitamin D pills… sigh)
4) The rain, so flowers can grow
5) Access to clean water
6) Access to healthy food
7) My boyfriend/girlfriend/partner
8) My pet(s)
9) A roof over my head
10) A car I can go anywhere with
11) The people I disagree with, because we have the freedom of speech to do so
12) The artists that create the work I put on my walls, without them my space would be boring
13) The ability to read.
14) Public libraries for the easy access to reading that they give.
15) People who volunteer for or donate to causes you care about.
16) Being able to volunteer for or donate to causes you care out.
17) Parking on the opposite end of the parking lot of your destination, because without your car the journey there would have been way longer anyway.
18) Hot showers, and being able to shower when I want.
19) Crying over things I miss, because it means whatever I’m crying about must have been really special.
20) Heartache, because if I can experience the lows I can experience the highs too.
21) Having to buy a replacement for something that broke, because that means I have the money to replace it.
22) Stretch marks, because it just means I’ve grown. (I call them my lightning bolts… no shame.)
23) My health and ability to exercise, even when I’m feeling crummy.
24) Internet access.
25) Arriving to my destination on time.
26) The energy to do all the things I want to do today.
27) Hardships I’ve experienced in the past, because I’ve learned and gotten stronger from them.
28) People opening doors for you.
29) Waking up early for work, because I have a job.
30) The kindness of strangers.
Wishing you all the things in the world to be grateful for,
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on any products linked or mentioned and you buy it, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. These commissions help me continue to create content for my blog, so should you choose to purchase something thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a product and choose to purchase it, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your continued support!