What’s up friends? It’s Christmastime and I am EXCITED. I’ve already watched like four Hallmark movies, each equally as cheesy as the other. I love it. Tis the freakin’ season. Anyway, it seems so fitting that December 1st falls on a Friday, because it’s time for GWH’s monthly goals roundup!
This month was not as productive as October. I think because I had so much family and friends around during this month for Thanksgiving-related things I just didn’t find the time to do a lot of the things I wanted. That’s okay though! I still got a lot done and I’m happy about that. Let’s unpack things a little more…
- Complete NaNoWriMo. Nope nope nope nope nope. I think I hit about 10,000 words and then the holidays whisked me away from it all and the project just fell apart from there. Even if I was a part of it for a short time though I still learned so much and it destroyed any trepidations I had initially about the idea of writing a book. I proved to myself that I can do it, I just need to commit!
- Cook an awesome dish for Thanksgiving. My grammy and I made stuffing and biscuits and they were freakin’ tasty. Best part was that they were dairy free! I’m very lactose intolerant to the point where I can’t even take Lactaid and be okay. I just avoid it altogether as of July 2016. (I miss regular pizza like mad, by the way.) Even without animal butter it was so good.
- Cut my portion sizes in half. I started doing this, and then I figured out I was eating too little and I’d have a very growly stomach going to bed. This month has been experimental when it comes to figuring out exactly what’s right for me because I in no way want to deprive myself of anything. I’d consider this goal successful because I overall know more about what portion sizes are best for me.
- Exercise four times a week. Week one I went four times, and that’s the only week I where I hit that. For two weeks I went three times, and then for the week of Thanksgiving the holidays got in the way/I ended up getting a nasty sore throat for a few days so I was resting and only went to the gym once or twice. Even if I didn’t hit four times every week, I’m still so proud of all the times I did go and I don’t have any regrets about “could I have done more?” or “I should have done xyz.” I’m just excited for next month so I can improve my fitness even more.
- Use my planner daily. I did for the first half of the month, and then as Thanksgiving got closer and closer my daily use dropped off a bit.
- Get back on a regular music practice. This didn’t happen and I’m kinda bummed about it. I think this is the one goal I really should have tried harder on.
- Go on three hikes. I didn’t even try… it was so dang cold and wet and muddy all month that a hike seemed so unappealing.
- Read two novels.
- Create a roadmap for posting to online stores. Didn’t happen this month. Another goal for December.
- Finish decluttering my closet. There are still bits I’m working on but I did a pretty decent job hauling the old crap out this month!
As a heads-up, I fell short on most of these. I had a lot of collaboration opportunities that I worked on that honestly really burned me out from wanting to do anything else. That’s okay though! I’m actually happy with my growth
- Reach 700 likes on Facebook.
- Get to 1750 followers on Twitter.
- Get to 380 Instagram followers.
- Get to 200 Pinterest followers.
- Get 50 more email subscribers.
- Write 5 blog posts.
- Write one newsletter per week.
- Get to 600 views on the blog.
- Create a blogging roadmap.
- Get a bunch of blogging photography done.
Eugh, that’s a whole lot of red.
This month, since it’s the holidays and I know I’m not going to be able to keep up with a whole bunch of goals, I’m just going to do ten general goals and then hit the grindstone again in January. Here are my ten for this month:
- Read two novels. This month I’m going to read the fifth Outlander book, The Fiery Cross, and finish the second Witcher book, Sword of Destiny.
- Do all the Christmas things. I personally celebrate Christmas and I am SO READY for it. I want to see all the pretty lights, watch all the movies, and drink ALL the vegan cocoa. Bring on the cheer, fam.
- Stay on top of my gym routine during the holidays. Gotta make sure my body’s prepped for the onslaught of tasty Christmas food.
- Take 20 minutes a day to promote the blog. I don’t want to drop the ball completely in December for blog promotion, so I think just dedicating 20 minutes to do whatever kind of promo I want will be good enough for the holidays.
- Get on a regular music practice. Recycled goal from last month.
- Keep up ink drawing. I’ve been picking it back up more and more and I want to keep it up.
- Complete a painting. Any size, any subject matter. I just wanna crank out at least one.
- Experiment with my Nikon again. I haven’t taken photos in so long! I miss it.
- Write 5 blog posts. This is something I’ve easily been able to do the past two months, so I’ll be keeping it up.
- Spend lots of time with family and friends! Because why not.
I fell off the horse a little bit, and that’s okay. I’m going to tackle these December goals as best I can and I’m not going to let November’s missteps get to me. What are your goals for this month? Let me know in the comments!
Note: This blog contains affiliate links. This means that if you click an item and choose to purchase it, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your continued support!